Video undoubtedly is the go-to online medium. For all sorts of reasons it has become the most effective, powerful way for marketeers to communicate their message. If you’re unconvinced, here are a few stunning facts courtesy of Wordstream that may make you take notice:
Video Marketing Volume Statistics
• 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
• YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total internet users.
• 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
• More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day.
• More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years.
• 87% of online marketers use video content.
• 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every 60 seconds.
• One-third of online activity is spent watching video.
• Saudi Arabia is the country with the highest daily online video access, with 98 percent of online video penetration among the population.
• 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online.
• Every second, a million minutes (17,000 hours) of video content will cross global IP networks by 2021, according to Cisco.
• The 25-34 (millennial) age group watches the most online videos and men spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women.
• Over 500 million (half a BILLION) people are watching video on Facebook every day!
Mobile Video Marketing Statistics
• Over half of video content is viewed on mobile.
• 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
• 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device.
• Periscope users have created more than 200 million broadcasts.
• 10 million videos are watched on Snapchat per day.
Video Marketing Engagement Statistics
• 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
• Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
• Sixty-four percent of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos
• 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
• Social video generates 12 times more shares than text and images combined.
• Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs.
• Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement.
• 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound.
• Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
• Native videos on Facebook have 10 times higher reach compared to YouTube
• The average CVR for websites using video is 4.8%, compared to 2.9% for those that don’t use video.
• Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the SERP.
• An initial email with a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
• Cisco states that Live internet video will account for 13 percent of the total video traffic in 2018.
• Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors.
• Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
Fun Video Marketing Facts
• Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
• Internet video traffic made up 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017.
• Internet video traffic accounts for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
• The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.
If you want to discover how video can help you connect with your customers, just contact us for a chat: call on 0121 224 8300 or email: email@example.com.